My Photo

sign up

Tynt

  • Tracer

« Camp Fights | Main | Courtney Love - Blast from the past »

March 05, 2006

Comments

Out of the country right now... anyone have a mirrored copy of the link that can be streamed or downloaded from India?

Try this http://video.google.com.proxy.cjb.net/videoplay?docid=-6909078385965257294 for countries where Google Video is not Available

Well, duh...

No offense, Rick, but *of course* Google's success is because of the brand. Why? Because a brand is the sum total of all experiences that a person has with a product, service, person or organization - specifically, how well an expectation is built and how consistently that expectation is met. Google scores highly on all fronts: they have stayed enthusiastically true to their Consumer Insight ("Mission") and make their customer's lives better in so doing.

That is the *definition* of creating brand value, even moreso in this emerging post :30 spot world we live in.

Good on Seth to get paid to tell them, I guess, but it's not like it's news.

- Stuart

Duh to you, me, and 40% of the rest of the world. Not so Duh to the other 60% judging by the talks, feedback, meetings, etc, that I'm involved with.

See you tonight.

A lot of people in technology have the impression that "marketing" and "brand value" are things done by a department of people too profoundly stupid to be trusted with real work. This impression is generally reinforced by contact with many of the people getting paid to do "marketing" in organizations of any significant size.

Google's technology is a huge component of its brand image. So is "not being evil". So are all the myriad things about google that make it almost the only "big" tech company anybody I respect could stand to work for as an employee. But the average geek's experience with "marketing" has so soured him on the concept that in some cases this data (about how it can be done cluefully) must be pounded into his head by main force.

You want to talk about Ranting?
Soon after leaving America Online (many years ago) I received a beautiful AOL varsity jacket which I was proud to wear.

That was until AOL went from hourly charge to a monthly fee. You old timers may remember this period when a new local access number was a lead story on local news even bigger then news from the OJ trial.

I almost had to leave a bank when folks in multiple lines all started to complain about busy signals. The jacket stayed in a closet for over a year. :)

You want to talk about Ranting?
Soon after leaving America Online (many years ago) I received a beautiful AOL varsity jacket which I was proud to wear.

That was until AOL went from hourly charge to a monthly fee. You old timers may remember this period when a new local access number was a lead story on local news even bigger then news from the OJ trial.

I almost had to leave a bank when folks in multiple lines all started to complain about busy signals. The jacket stayed in a closet for over a year. :)

The comments to this entry are closed.

January 2010

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31            

Eat at Joes