Coders start your engines. My little ol Start Up is hiring some developers now that I’ve sold my house and I’m living in a tent. My house is your salary. Kinda.
Anyway, mobile developers, this means you. Here is what I’m looking for:
You are a mobile developer with big aspirations to work on the next generation of applications for mobile devices (some devices that are out, and some not yet released). You will launch apps on various mobile devices that will be live in the application stores.
Thrive in a start-up environment and join a leading team in the creation of world-class applications. You'll be responsible for:
* Developing new BlackBerry/Palm Pre/Android apps
* Releasing new versions of apps as new devices and OS's are released to the marketplace
* Enhancing application performance, usability, memory use and application size.
In short, raw coders doing some seriously cool stuff. And there is a real list of experience requirements:
* Must have 1-3 years experience in development on at least one of mobile, internet or desktop platforms
* Proficiency in at least one of Java, C++, Ruby
* Experience with UI design/graphics development is highly advantageous
* Must have real world experience with object oriented design and a clear understanding of object oriented design patterns
* Flash, ActionScript and Rails knowledge advantageous
* Ability to work independently, take initiative and contribute new ideas required in a diverse, fast-paced, team environment.
* Experience or interest in Agile software development practices and principles (e.g. TDD, Pair Programming, Refactoring, Continuous Integration...) a plus
* Organization and analytic skills, with exceptional problem solving ability
I am in Toronto and you’ll need to start here. By that I mean for at least a month you will need to be right here with me and the gang. If you are in Barrie or London or Waterloo, you can be ‘remote’ but being in California, Halifax, or Bombay will be almost impossible. Sorry, its the team thing and the “water cooler” parts that are really important.
Finally, this important word: Do you lack a degree or did you just get out of school with no experience? Can you code anyway? Can you show up and show me some cool code? Yeah, then don’t worry about degrees or years, just contact me and show me what you can do on a mobile device.
Operators are standing by, send those CV/code examples in today. Free drinks, snack foods, boat rides, and more fun than any start up in North America. What’s not to love. Email me today.